Fair Value Workshop
The workshop will cover:
• The Fair Value concept and its practical application to Councils
• Long Term Asset Management Planning and the renewal gap
• Long Term Integrated Planning
• Financial Sustainability and key indicators
• The importance of data quality
JRA continues to provide facilitate workshops for IPWEA in support of the Australian Infrastructure Financial Management Guidelines. The most recent workshop was in Dalby, hosted by Western Downs Regional Council on 26 and 27 February 2013. Some 30 asset managers and finance managers attended, together with the Council CEO and 2 Western Downs Councillors.
Financial Health Checks – JRA has recently undertaken a series of financial health checks for NSW councils. These health checks provide a snapshot of a Council’s current and projected financial sustainability based on annual reports, long term financial plans and asset management plans. The reports indicate areas requiring council attention.
Posted by David 05/03/2013
A FRESH DESIGN
This allows a user to view the same data as in the
corporate system through a Thin Client interface.
Great for mobile computing and locations where network bandwidth is an issue
Posted by Mike 01/03/2012
A NEW LOOK AND FEEL
Some of the improvements in LifeCycle v6 include;
• New Graphical User Interface (GUI)
• User Security
• Updated and Automated asset processes (Transactions, Splitting Assets, etc.)
• Google Maps Integration
• New Search functionality
• New Hyperlinks and Photo integration
Posted by Mike 01/02/2010.
eLifecycle Key Features & FunctionalityeLifeCycle is an online cloud based software product that stores asset data in a register with historical data storing capability, analysis and hierarchical reporting functionality.
The system does not require any onsite technology other than internet access and provides users with the information they need to implement and manage core level tasks in asset management planning.
It enables users to keep the asset register up to date with a documented audit trail for changes to the asset register plus integrated reporting and automated data transfer to IPWEA NAMS.PLUS2 on-line guided pathway for asset management planning.
eLifeCycle offers the following functionality:
1. Designed to meet core asset management system requirements under the National Asset Management Framework and the IPWEA International Infrastructure Management Manual.
2. Records core asset data in a register with historical data storing and retrieval capability for audit and performance reporting purposes.
3. Financial reporting compliant with AASB116 including Capitalisation processes for Additions, Write Backs and Disposals at an individual asset level.
4. Data edits and transactions are verified via a single control point.
5. Provides Form2 output for input into the IPWEA NAMS.PLUS2 on-line guided pathway for asset management planning enabling up to date comparative scenario analysis for each asset class.
6. Allows condition, function and capacity data edits at an individual asset level.
7. Prediction of future asset renewal for forward works programming.
8. Schedule maintenance and inspection history tracking capability.
9. The system runs on a SQL database on JRA servers with a secure web screen interface.
10. Asset register can be downloaded in XL format allowing transfer to any other system at any time.
11. Access to a comprehensive ‘How to’ interface with issue logging capability.
eLifeCycle supports organisations in undertaking the essential tasks in infrastructure asset management planning by enabling them to:
· Know what they have in terms of asset condition;
· Know what they need in terms of identifying funding and service level gaps; and
· Know what is possible by undertaking condition based risk analysis.
eLifeCycle is available for a small annual fee per user.
Posted by Steve 01/03/2013.